- I had a project that was previously building OK
- At some point I upgraded the version of java
- Came to rebuild the project and the Ant build was failing with the error popup
- Specified VM install not found: type Standard VM, name
- & it was referring to an old JDK that did not exist on my PC & was not referred to by eclipse with the list of installed JREs
- I searched in the project for the JDK listed 'jdk1.6.0_26'
- No luck - could not find anythine
- I deleted the project & reloaded it from SVN
- Still No luck - I got the same error
After a bit of googling, I found this site http://www.javaworkspace.com/VMNotFound.do
I went for option '2' of edting the launch file in the directory simply renaming the JDK after stopping eclipse.
All sorted now thanks.